- Tentative start date for MACRO crew members (Community Intervention Specialist (CIS) and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT)): March 21, 2022. Projected launch date of the MACRO Program, April 9, 2022.
- An update on application status was prepared for all applicants that had interviewed and will be sent out by the OFD Human Resources Department by March 4, 2022.
Equipment & Facilities
- The MACRO leadership ordered a sample uniform from GALLS uniform supplier for the field crew. Galls Oakland will join the MACRO crews on March 23, 2022, to collect uniform measurements from MACRO crew members.
- The MACRO team and Oakland Fire Dispatch are exploring a number for the public to use outside of the 911 route. In addition to the 911 access to MACRO, there will be a 10-digit phone number that connects directly to the Fire Dispatch Center in addition to the current non-emergency OFD number (510-444-3322). There is a meeting scheduled for Friday March 4, 2022, between OPD Dispatch, Fire Dispatch & MACRO leadership to discuss ways of working and preparing for the April 9, 2022, launch date.
Community Advisory Board
- The MACRO team has finalized a plan with Jeweld Legacy Group to interview all 31 Community Advisory Board applicants starting the week of March 14, 2022.
- The MACRO program manager met with a representative for the Alternative Mobile Services Association (AMSA), a professional organization out of Portland OR, working to bring together all Alternative Response Service Models together, share best practices, and create a professional organization. MACRO is planning to join AMSA before targeted launch date.
- MACRO Program manager presented an update to the National Task Force for America’s Mayors Alternative Dispatch Systems working group on the status of MACRO, current challenges, and projected launch date.
- MACRO Leadership updated the Oaklandca.gov MACRO website to make the website useful to community members and reflective of the progress and the immediate program timeline. (City of Oakland | The Mobile Assistance Community Responders of… (oaklandca.gov))
A copy of all weekly update for February 2022 can be found at: City of Oakland | Weekly MACRO Updates from February 2022 (oaklandca.gov)