Hello Fellow Neighbors,
It’s already been a week since the NHCA held their Ice Cream Social. What a great day it turned out to be. More than 100 people ventured to the Gateway Garden and Pavilion where we had mild weather, a beautiful garden venue and wonderful views of the Bay. Recap below:
- Free Ice Cream donated by Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream
- Free Cupcakes baked by Pauly Langguth
- Plant Sale with plants designed and created by Carolyn Burgess, Nancy Mueller and Irma Damen
- Raffle Drawing with donations from local businesses
- Janani Ramachandran, our D4 Councilmember, came by and visited with many of our attendees, and also shared some of the initiatives she and her team are working on.
- We had the pleasure of meeting over a dozen Oakland Police Officers who stopped by throughout the day. One police officer even came on his day off and brought his wife and newborn baby. It was great to see the OPD come out to support our community.
- Some of our local Oakland Firefighters from Stations 7 on Amito and Station 19 on Miles by Rockridge BART were there, and even gave a couple of our kid attendees a tour of their firetruck.
It took a village to pull off this event, which we have worked on for the last 3 months!
Our sincere thanks go to our local vendors, neighbors and Board Members for their donations of ice cream, raffle prizes, beautiful pots and plant arrangements, and for helping to man the many stations at this event.
Sponsors and Event Participants:
Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, Claremont Club & Spa, Steve Hanson (USS Potomac, Scott’s Seafood & Grill), Casa Orinda Restaurant, See’s Candy, Pauly Langguth, Carolyn Burgess, Katie Kochounian, Nancy Mueller, David Kessler, Donna Karch, Dan Conolly, Irma Damen, Cornelia Grimes
This event was intended to gather and build a strong sense of community, and to introduce people to what the NHCA is and what we do. The event also served as a much-needed fundraiser. Thank you to those who came to enjoy the festivities and for your generosity.
This is the third event the NHCA has sponsored, starting with our Annual Meeting in March, Gazing with the Goats in June, and our 2nd Annual Ice Cream Social in August. Please sign up to Open Forum and Announcements and contact us to see how you can get involved!
The NHCA is a non-profit organization that is run solely by volunteers. Our mission is to develop and sustain a community that is safe, beautiful and a welcoming place to live. We care about our neighborhood, and we care about our neighbors.
Garden Committee and Events Chair
North Hills Community Association